“A human being is part of the whole, called by us “universe”, a part limited in time and space. We experience ourselves, our thoughts and feelings as something separate from the rest. A kind of optical delusion of consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from the prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty… We shall require a substantially new manner of thinking if mankind is to survive.” — Albert Einstein


Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Stanford Quality

I really would like to update my blog right now, but I really have to study instead. Just thought I would share with you all a recent photo of a few friends (Ricki, Brian and Luz) testing out their new wheels on the way to class. Us med students do everything together. Really.
Posted by Picasa
You should all know that I am absolutely happy here. Of course I miss everyone that I left in Seattle (and Homer, and anywhere else you may be), but I feel blessed every day to be here, at Stanford, with amazing professors and peers, studying something that is interesting and exciting and feels important. Medical school is a long road, but I am excited for every single day of it. And I appreciate every one of you for caring about what I am doing and allowing me to share it with you, thank you.

1 comment:

ana jeanne said...

I love your new quote from Einstein. Thanks for all your up-dates.